Do iPhone users have any questions about using data, such as using FaceTime and talk time? So, if your information is limited, you must disconnect your cellular network. This makes FaceTime Wi-Fi only for data use.
Makes FaceTime use data
Yes, right. However, you can disable access to FaceTime. In addition to mobile data plans and Wi-Fi rates, FaceTime is a free service that allows you to make video calls from iPhone to iPhone. If you don’t have an unlimited calling plan, you can make voice calls and save a few minutes. The most important are:
- If you are connected to the Internet, uses Wi-Fi by default, but if your cellular data is invalid, it will restore your data usage.
- Uses data (if Wi-Fi is not available), does not use talk time.
- You can disable cellular data usage.
- Meanwhile, if cellular data is activated, you can use FaceTime without Wi-Fi.
- It doesn’t use too much data, especially during short calls.
How much data will FaceTime use?
As mentioned above, but not large amounts of data. If you make a FaceTime 5 minute call, your data plan will not be affected. It takes more time to spend on games or social media. However, if you use FaceTime to contact distant friends or family members, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi. The longer your voice, the more data you use, but below this is the use of data and how to disable usage data.
How to see FaceTime data usage for a single call
Open your cellphone or application.
In the telephone application, click Latest. This application will automatically display FaceTime video recordings.
Say FaceTime and click “i” next to the contact.
How to see the full usage of data
It is important to note that to do this, you must download FaceTime to your device. On iOS 11, you can uninstall FaceTime, but you can call FaceTime from the phone application. However, if you do not download the application, you cannot track the general use of data in the Settings application. To verify the utilization of data:
- Open the Settings application.
- Click on the nest.
- Scroll down until FaceTime appears.
In other words, to reset a monthly plan, you must reset the package manually to track data usage accurately in your cellular mobile settings. Fortunately, the date of the last reset is displayed under the “Reset Statistics” option. To reduce data usage for tracking purposes:
- Open the settings as above and select a phone.
- Scroll down and click Reset Statistics.
- This rearranges all usage data and allows you to track every hour.
How to prevent FaceTime from using data
To use this feature, you must download the FaceTime application from your device. If you can’t download it, open the App Store.